Visiting Sorrento in March | The definitive Guide
Plan to visit in the second half of the month, take an umbrella and do not forget sunglasses. In March you can find showers and cold winds but also unpredictable sunny days and enjoy quick lunch on the beach or tours on the Amalfi Coast.
If you are looking for a relaxing and calm holiday, this is the month for you.
Visiting Sorrento in March | Must know
Sorrento in March : Things to do and Events
The winter starts to recede as March marks the arrival of spring in Sorrento. The Amalfi Coast offers unexpected charm, but you have to plan your itinerary at the best and enjoy the quieter version of Sorrento. Outdoor, it is plenty of activities to live: it is still cold to swim but you can spend days on the beach in the warmest bays of the Coast and explore hiking trails.
Sorrento in March : Weather and Temperature
If the weather is a key factor in the choice of your booking, plan for it to be partly rainy and still cold during the night: March has always been a question mark and it is difficult to predict the weather conditions. It is a month of transition, a sliding door between the winter and the Spring that rotates according to the winds and unpredictably changes from one hour to another.
Sorrento Weather and Climate information in March
MIN TEMPERATURE 6.0°C
MAX TEMPERATURE 15.2°C
RAINY DAYS 7
SUNSHINE HOURS 180
- Humidity 78% 78%
- Chance of Rain 23,3% 23,3%
The amount of rain in March is high with an average of 86mm (3.4in). Plan on layering your clothes. Some days or part of the day it will be nice and warm and some moments it can be a bit chilly.
Scrolling through the history of the photos on my mobile phone and returning to the March of the past three years, I have different types of photos: there are few photos with me holding an umbrella, most of them are pictures memorizing me on the beach, sipping a glass of white wine or walking trough villages of the Amalfi Coast.
In fact, as it is possible to find chilly winds and some showers there are also warm and pleasant day: in Southern Italy temperatures are milder than the previous months and Spring arrives earlier. Let’s say that luck plays an important role and above all, do not be influenced by weather forecasts: they are continuously inverted and experience in hand, much more easily if they foresee bad weather and not the opposite.
Sorrento in March: What to pack
Packing for an Italian holiday in March can vary. You might get showers and sunny days, but generally nights are chilly and days milder.
These are my personal recommendations for your visit to Sorrento in March:
- A good and versatile water proof hiking jacket
- Sweater or cardigans
- A rain hat, useful and does not take up much room and a scarf
- Good walking shoes
- Bring a backpack or a travel bag when you visit sites like Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompei Ruins
- Bring a folding and strudy umbrella
Sorrento in March: 5 reasons to come
- To advantage deals and low prices of apartments and rooms cheaper than the high season (we offer 15% discount if booked directly with us)
- To live more peacefully the entire holiday.
- To enjoy less crowded restaurants, which reopen after the winter months, as well as the streets of Sorrento, the rows for the ferry to Capri, the narrow streets of the old town and the Amalfi Coast, the parking lots and sites archaeological sites of Pompeii and Herculaneum.
- To feel the beauty of the landascapes If you are not METEOROPATHIC and your mood is not conditioned by the movement of thumb that continually scrools the meteo app, some seasonal rain and some clouds will not dominate your enthusiasm to discover the wonders of this land.