Visiting Sorrento in March | The definitive Guide
Plan to visit in the second half of the month, take an umbrella and do not forget your sunglasses. In March you can find showers and cold winds but also unpredictable sunny days. Enjoy a quick lunch on the beach or a tour on the Amalfi Coast.
If you are looking for a relaxing and quiet holiday, this is the month for you.
Visiting Sorrento in March | Must know
Sorrento in March : Things to do and Events
The winter starts to recede as March marks the arrival of spring in Sorrento. The Amalfi Coast offers unexpected charm, but you have to plan your itinerary. To enjoy Sorrento at its best and enjoy the quieter variation of Sorrento. There are many outdoor activities to experience. It is still cold to swim but you can spend your day on the beach in the warmest bays of the Coast and explore hiking trails.
Sorrento in March : Weather and Temperature
If the weather is a key factor in the choice of your booking, expect rain sometimes and still cold during the evening. There has always been a question mark over the weather and it is difficult to predict the conditions. It is a month of transition, a sliding door between the winter and the spring that rotates according to the winds and the weather can change from one hour to another.
Sorrento Weather and Climate information in March
MIN TEMPERATURE 6.0°C
MAX TEMPERATURE 15.2°C
RAINY DAYS 7
SUNSHINE HOURS 180
- Humidity 78% 78%
- Chance of Rain 23,3% 23,3%
The amount of rain in March is high with an average of 86mm (3.4in). Plan on layering your clothes. Some days or part of the day it will be nice and warm and some moments it can be a bit chilly.
Scrolling through the history of the photos on my mobile phone and returning to March of the past three years. I have different types of photos, there are few photos with me holding an umbrella, most of them are pictures on the beach, sipping a glass of white wine or walking through the villages on the Amalfi Coast.
In fact, as it is possible to find chilly winds and some showers there are also warm and pleasant days. In Southern Italy temperatures are milder than the previous months and spring arrives earlier. Let’s say that luck plays an important role and above all, do not be influenced by weather forecasts, they are continuously inverted and with experience in hand, they foresee bad weather more than good.
Sorrento in March: What to pack
Packing for an Italian holiday in March can vary. You might get showers and sunny days, but generally nights are chilly and days milder.
These are my personal recommendations for your visit to Sorrento in March:
- A good and versatile waterproof hiking jacket
- Sweater or cardigans
- A rain hat, useful and does not take up much room and a scarf
- Good walking shoes
- Bring a backpack or a travel bag when you visit sites like Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompei Ruins
- Bring a folding and sturdy umbrella
Sorrento in March: my local suggestions
- To take advantage of deals and low prices of apartments and rooms cheaper than the high season (we offer 15% discount if booked directly with us).
- To experience a more peaceful holiday.
- To enjoy less crowded restaurants and streets of Sorrento, which reopen after the winter months, less queueing for the ferry to Capri, more space to stroll through the narrow streets of the old town and the Amalfi Coast, less time queueing to enter the car park and archaeological sites of Pompeii and Herculaneum.
- To feel and see the beauty of the landscapes. If you are not METEOROPATHIC and you do not continuously check the weather app on your mobile, you do not mind some seasonal rain and some clouds March will not dampen your enthusiasm to discover the wonders of this land.